Re: last.fm events RDFizing

Toby Inkster wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 07:09 -0400, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>
>> Since libre.fm is just another linked data space, I would encourage
>> cross linkage via URIs.
>>

> We do!

I meant cross linkage across the URIs produced by the RDFizers which
could smarten the pathways in the Linked Data graphs. I trying to get
smarter and higher level linkage going so we have a much more coherent
Linked Data Space for music.

Of course I know you are using URIs from geonames, MBZ etc.. I looked up
Libre.FM URIs before the ink on that project was dry :-) The project
founder (Matt Lee) met with me at the last Cambridge Semantic Web
Gathering etc..

Kingsley

> As I said, when we can figure them out, we use dbtune.org/musicbrainz
> URIs to represent tracks, records and artists; and we use
> sws.geonames.org URIs to represent places. These URIs are included in
> the RDFa (and thus in the other RDF serialisations which are generated
> from the RDFa).
>
> We also allow people to add a WebID to their profile, so that we can
> publish triples along the lines of:
>
> 	<http://tobyinkster.co.uk/#i>
> 	  <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/holdsAccount>
> 	    <http://alpha.dev.libre.fm/user/tobyink#acct> .
>
> The profile edit page includes a wizard allowing people to figure out
> their WebID by providing a homepage, identi.ca account, FOAF file, etc.
>
> We're publishing using FOAF, SIOC, RSS 1.0, Music Ontology, Events
> Ontology and Dublin Core.
>
> The main libre.fm server is currently down, but in the mean time, feel
> free to peak at my local installation which is fairly representative of
> the type of data published on the real libre.fm. (Though my local
> database doesn't have as much musicbrainz data.)
>
> N-Triples of my profile on my local installation:
>
> 	http://nixtape.g5n.co.uk/rdf.php?fmt=nt&page=/user/tobyink
>
> I'm on #swig today if you have any suggestions for improvements.

President & CEO