Re: LDOW2009 Workshop now publishing Linked Data (was Re: Linked Data on the Web (LDOW2009) workshop papers online.)

Giovanni Tummarello wrote:
>> The point was this: _if_ you would like your data to be incorporated into
>> the dogfood site, then it should have dogfood namespace URIs, otherwise we
>> cannot serve it. We hope to offer people who want to contribute to the site
>>

> what about creating local, arbitrary URIs, linked with sameas to the
> one that the external site created (which stay the "authoritative
> ones") ? should really change/spoil anything.
>
> Giovanni

Giovanni,

Yes.

I assume you know we are stating the very same thing?

What you state above is basically what I stated earlier, and is exactly
what we demonstrate via our deployments of DBpedia, NeuroCommons,
Bio2Rdf, MBZ (where we point to MusicBrainz which has its own URIs), and
eventually the LOD cloud on EC2. It's also the point I made re. the 3
DBpedia instances (Real-time beta in Leipzig, DBpedia on Virtuoso 6 in
Burlington, and the live DBpedia on Virtuoso 5 in Burlington; all point
to the live DBpedia instance as authoritative via owl:sameAs).

President & CEO