Re: .htaccess a major bottleneck to Semantic Web adoption / Was: Re: RDFa vs RDF/XML and content negotiation

Martin Hepp (UniBW) wrote:
> Kingsley:
> So basically you think that RDF hosting will ne a new market segment
> with services like small RDF hosting services (same as private Web
> space packages), free hosting (maybe with ads included in the RDF), etc.?
Absolutely!!

There's nothing like overtly or covertly unveiling "opportunity cost"
palpability, when trying to unveil the virtues of any concept, to people
charged with running a business :-)

This is the very thinking behind the "owl:shameAs" scheme we use in the
Linked Data compliant proxy URIs generated by our Sponger's  RDFizer
cartridges i.e., show people the impressions they are missing out on by
providing them with a hint URI, that exposes a suggested data slot,
within their respective data spaces.

Kingsley
> Martin
>

> Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> >Martin:
> >I think having a third party relay inaccurate opening and closing
> hours is a feature re. the GoodRelations, RDFa, Linked Data, and
> pinger services combo; it makes the "opportunity cost" of not putting
> the >RDFa embellished HTML doc  (from #3) on the server, palpable :-)
> Thus,  we end up with a closed loop, that simply lets the Web do the
> REST (including social and political cajoling re. doc publishing).

> martin hepp
> e-business & web science research group
> universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen
>
> e-mail:  mhepp@computer.org
> phone:   +49-(0)89-6004-4217
> fax:     +49-(0)89-6004-4620
> www:     http://www.unibw.de/ebusiness/ (group)
>         http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
> skype:   mfhepp twitter: mfhepp
>
> Check out the GoodRelations vocabulary for E-Commerce on the Web of Data!
>
> Webcast:
> http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/webcast/
>
> Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009: "Semantic Web-based
> E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology"
> http://tinyurl.com/semtech-hepp
>
> Tool for registering your business:
> http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/tools/goodrelations-annotator/
>
> Overview article on Semantic Universe:
> http://tinyurl.com/goodrelations-universe
>
> Project page and resources for developers:
> http://purl.org/goodrelations/
>
> Tutorial materials:
> Tutorial at ESWC 2009: The Web of Data for E-Commerce in One Day: A
> Hands-on Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and Yahoo!
> SearchMonkey
>
> http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations_Tutorial_ESWC2009

President & CEO