Re: Contd LOD Data Sets, Licensing, and AWS

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>wrote:

> I stand by my position, we are adhering to their terms.
> What they seek is de-referencable via their URIs which remain in scope at
> both the data presentation and representation layers.
>
> I am sure Jamie and the folks at Freebase are party to this conversation
> and would chime in should we be violating the terms of their license etc..

I think the onus is on the consumer to ensure they abide with the supplier's
wishes, not the other way round. It's really a matter or respect and
politeness to give people the credit they ask for.

 re: specific ODC license. I think the ODBL license does what you want.
> Or PDDL with specified community norms.

ODBL license URI please.

http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/

Ian