Re: Contd LOD Data Sets, Licensing, and AWS

Leigh Dodds wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2009/6/24 Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>:
>
>> Kingsley Idehen wrote:

>>> You're not being unfair. We are trying to get to the bottom of something
>>> that really important.

>>> The URIs are in full view. Use a Linked Data Aware user agent against the
>>> URIs and you end up in the originating Freebase Data Space. This is my
>>> fundamental point re. preservation of original URIs.
>>>

> The fact that the URIs are in full view accords with your view as URI
> as sole means of attribution, but its irrelevant as far as the
> Freebase terms goes. Where's the text, logo, etc that they're asking
> for? Thats how the rights holder is asking to be attributed.

I stand by my position, we are adhering to their terms.
What they seek is de-referencable via their URIs which remain in scope
at both the data presentation and representation layers.

I am sure Jamie and the folks at Freebase are party to this conversation
and would chime in should we be violating the terms of their license etc..

> re: specific ODC license. I think the ODBL license does what you want.
> Or PDDL with specified community norms.

ODBL license URI please.

Kingsley
> Cheers,