Re: Common Tag - semantic tagging convention

On 18 Jun 2009, at 11:48, Danny Ayers wrote:

> 2009/6/18 Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>:
>
>> - The date seems to me a very important piece of information, in
>> particular
>> if you look at tags from the vocabulary management, and/or search
>> engines
>> viewpoint. First, labels change more often than concepts, and
>> second, a
>> search engine would be happy to leverage on date information to
>> show trendy
>> concepts and tags. Which concepts were used as tag today or in the
>> past
>> week/month/year.
>> - And to follow François, I'm very surprised not to find any
>> "taggedBy"
>> property in the vocabulary.
>
> I'm won over by the arguments for offering support for the date,
> but...
>
>> That said, why not use simply dc:creator and dc:date to this effect?
>
> Right. dc:date would seem a good choice, though I reckon foaf:maker
> might be a better option than dc:creator as the object is a resource
> (a foaf:Agent) rather than a literal. While it's likely to mean an
> extra node in many current scenarios, it offers significantly more
> prospect for linking data (and less ambiguity).

dcterms:creator would also allow for use of a resource. Bibliontology
uses dcterms over dc.

rob

> btw, has anyone had chance to revisit the mappings?
>
> Cheers,
> Danny.
>
> --
> http://danny.ayers.name

Rob Styles
tel: +44 (0)870 400 5000
fax: +44 (0)870 400 5001
mobile: +44 (0)7971 475 257
msn: mmmmmrob@yahoo.com
irc: irc.freenode.net/mmmmmrob,isnick
web: http://www.talis.com/
blog: http://www.dynamicorange.com/blog/
blog: http://blogs.talis.com/panlibus/
blog: http://blogs.talis.com/nodalities/
blog: http://blogs.talis.com/n2/

Find out more about Talis at www.talis.com

shared innovationTM

Any views or personal opinions expressed within this email may not be those of Talis Information Ltd or its employees. The content of this email message and any files that may be attached are confidential, and for the usage of the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient, then please return this message to the sender and delete it. Any use of this e-mail by an unauthorised recipient is prohibited.

Talis Information Ltd is a member of the Talis Group of companies and is registered in England No 3638278 with its registered office at Knights Court, Solihull Parkway, Birmingham Business Park, B37 7YB.