Re: Common Tag - semantic tagging convention

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Toby Inkster<tai@g5n.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-06-12 at 01:33 +0200, Andraz Tori wrote:
>> also to note is that there exist proper mappings to other efforts at
>> tagging ontologies:
>> http://commontag.org/mappings
>
> The question is though, will Search Monkey, Sindice, et al make use of
> these mappings, and offer support for other tagging vocabs?

Sindice yes, since the mappings are in RDFS basically and we perform
reasoning and materialization before indexing.

 So you look for a http://www.holygoat.co.uk/owl/redwood/0.1/tags/Tag
for example you _would_ find a "common tag". (since its described as a
subClassOf)

.. this as long as the common tag RDF document or the ontology itself
at some point has a reference or imports the mapping document of
course (is this the case?)

Giovanni