RE: sameas.org

Hi Sherman
>From: Sherman Monroe [mailto:sdmonroe@gmail.com]
>Chris,

>Try this:

>- Go to razorbase.com
>- Enter 'kiwi'
>- Click the magnifying glass icon on the button bar to view categories
>There, you should see all categories for things named Kiwi.
>- Click the blue right arrow icon next to umble-sc:Birds, now you have Birds
>named Kiwi
>- Now click the ID cards icon on the button bar, now you have all sameAs
>resouces for those birds

>Here are other walkthroughs/examples<http://www.slideshare.net/tag/razorbase>
>.
>
>Enjoy,
>-sherman

Looks very good - I'll give it a spin.  I'd be interested to know what algorithm is used here to bring the bird meaning to the top of the results.

I wonder about the utility of the directory/file metaphor (rather than the graph metaphor) since this brings with it the unintended notion of containment.

As another browsing example you may be interested in this dbPedia/mashup browser I built as a toy in XQuery on eXist a while back.

http://www.cems.uwe.ac.uk/xmlwiki/RDF/classbrowse2.xq?resource=Kiwi

This is based on the three category systems used in dbpedia and had as its objective to be a picture-book browser.  It is very much a prototype and stresses the little server it shares with other eXist applications so please be gentle (I must look into moving it to the cloud)

Regards

Chris

This email was independently scanned for viruses by McAfee anti-virus software and none were found