Re: owl:sameAs [recipe]

Hugh Glaser wrote:
> On 28/07/2009 14:46, "Kingsley Idehen" <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>

>> Hugh Glaser wrote:
>>
>>> Good stuff.
>>> However, I don't think that Named Graphs are the answer.
>>> I get my Linked Data by resolving URIs over http.
>>> If I ask your Linked Data Space (I hope that is the right use of your
>>> terminology) for something like
>>> curl -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml" http://dbpedia.org/resource/London
>>> and follow the redirect don't I still get the non-wikipedia data with the
>>> wikipedia data?
>>> Or am I not understanding something?
>>>

>> The link chain shouldn't be broken. Named Graphs should have zero impact
>> on HTTP URIs.
>>
> That is what I thought.
> So how is the linkage data kept separate when I do URI resolution?
> Cheers

Hugh,

The Linkage isn't what needs separating.

Its when you make a data set that is 100% entity to entity links
triples  (i.e., a linkset or linkbase) that needs separating (as good
practice) from the main KB.  Remember, there are times when the main KB
and the source of cross links to external entities are produced by
separate parties. Thus, the linksets end up in their own Named Graphs.
Purely for organization and maintenance. This kind of partitioning
allows the use SPARUL scoped to Named Graphs when fixing triple
statement errors (e.g. owl:sameAs triples), for instance.

Kingsley