Re: looking for an event ontology/vocabulary

From: Yves Raimond <yves.raimond@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:55:12 +0100
To: David Canos <davidcanos@gmail.com>
Cc: public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>
Hello!

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 5:28 PM, David Canos<davidcanos@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks
> i'd like to public a lot of events for a startup project and I want to use a
> public vocabulary to make it useful.
> I've found a vocabulary [1] done by Yves, is this ontology the best place to
> start with?
> I will extend it in near future.
> [1] http://motools.sourceforge.net/event/event.html

[1] is really good :-) It's quite simple, and has been used in quite a
variety of context already, from music data to activities data. Also,
it is really simple, so really easy to grasp and extend. If you want
example of last.fm events described using this ontology, take a look
at the recommended events in the http://dbtune.org/last-fm/ wrapper.