Re: Merging Databases

2009/7/22 Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>:

>>> which ones would you recommend?
>>
>> skos:exactMatch = asserts that the two resources represent the same
>> concept, but does not assert that all triples containing the first
>> resource are necessarily true when the second resource is substituted
>> in.
>
> I'm having trouble parsing this one. I don't know what concepts are,
> but they are an odd sort of thing if they can be the same, but can't
> be substituted.

I find it quite rational to not want to substitute someone elses
descriptive version of a thing, but still be able to say that although
the descriptions aren't compatible, the things are actually the same
and someone else may want to substitute the things in future, but they
are not forced to in anyway.

Cheers,

Peter