Re: Merging Databases

From: Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 12:14:04 +0100
To: Amrapali Zaveri <amrapali.zaveri@gmail.com>
CC: "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>, Anja Jentzsch <anja@anjeve.de>, Susie Stephens <susie.stephens@gmail.com>
And just in case you haven't found it, a load of these hard-won equivalences are collected together at sameas.org, such as
http://sameas.org/?uri=http://data.linkedct.org/resource/intervention/51572
Hugh

On 20/07/2009 05:03, "Oktie Hassanzadeh" <oktie@cs.toronto.edu> wrote:

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Amrapali Zaveri <amrapali.zaveri@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I am attempting to merge 3 databases: (i) Clinicaltrials.gov <http://clinicaltrials.gov/>  , (ii) Geonames <http://www.geonames.org/>  , (iii) FDA <http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/InformationOnDrugs/ucm135162.htm>  based on ontologies.

There are RDF Triples already defined for (i) http://linkedct.org/index.html and there is already an ontology present for (ii) http://www.geonames.org/ontology/ . However, there is no ontology present for    the FDA database. The field "Zip Code" is common for all the three databases.

If the FDA datasets are not published as RDF yet, we can certainly take the lead in publishing them as a part of the Linking Open Drug Data [1] project.

[1] http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/LODD

LinkedCT already provides links to Geonames, but please let me know if you see any missing links.

Regards,
Oktie

Could anyone suggest possibilities of how to merge the three databases, based on ontologies?

Thanks,
Regards,
Amrapali J Zaveri