Re: Merging Databases

From: Oktie Hassanzadeh <oktie@cs.toronto.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 00:03:30 -0400
To: Amrapali Zaveri <amrapali.zaveri@gmail.com>
Cc: public-lod@w3.org, Anja Jentzsch <anja@anjeve.de>, Susie Stephens <susie.stephens@gmail.com>
On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Amrapali Zaveri
<amrapali.zaveri@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am attempting to merge 3 databases: (i) Clinicaltrials.gov<http://clinicaltrials.gov/> ,
> (ii) Geonames <http://www.geonames.org/> , (iii) FDA<http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/InformationOnDrugs/ucm135162.htm> based
> on ontologies.
>
> There are RDF Triples already defined for (i)
> http://linkedct.org/index.html and there is already an ontology present
> for (ii) http://www.geonames.org/ontology/ . However, there is no ontology
> present for the FDA database. The field "Zip Code" is common for all the
> three databases.

If the FDA datasets are not published as RDF yet, we can certainly take the
lead in publishing them as a part of the Linking Open Drug Data [1] project.

[1] http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/LODD

LinkedCT already provides links to Geonames, but please let me know if you
see any missing links.

Regards,
Oktie