Linked Data and the Public Domain

From: Ian Davis <me@iandavis.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 00:32:01 +0100
To: Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>
I wrote up some background to licensing, waivers, the public domain and how
it applies to linked data. I also included examples of how you can declare a
public domain waiver for a linked dataset.

http://blogs.talis.com/nodalities/2009/07/linked-data-public-domain.php

Hope this helps people with these complex issues. In other news, our
tutorial "Legal and Social Frameworks for Sharing Data on the  Web" which
covers these kinds of issues was accepted for ISWC2009.  I am not a lawyer,
but we will have an expert lawyer taking part in that tutorial (see
http://www.jordanhatcher.com/ )

Ian