RE: Dons flame resistant (3 hours) interface about Linked Data URIs

public-lod@w3.org
> Subject: Re: Dons flame resistant (3 hours) interface about Linked
Data
> URIs
>
> On 10/7/09 12:23, Juan Sequeda wrote:
> > Steve is right.
> >
> > If I am not wrong, when TBL gave his talk at CERN for the 20th
> > aniversary of the web, he said that he was amazed that people were
> > hacking HTML by hand. He never expected it.
> >
> > Now... we are the geeks doing RDF, conneg, linked data by hand... In
> > couple of years we will create tools for the non-geeks
> >
> > We have to learn from our history and not get ahead of ourselves.
>
> RDF has been a W3C Recommendation since February, 1999.  The RDF work
> went public in Oct 1997.
>
> A lot has happened since then...

[PFB] Well, it hasn't, that's exactly the problem. Most people - geeks
and non-geeks alike - "got" HTML and HTTP very quickly as most posters
have already stated. Bluntly put: if RDF is the answer, why ten years
down the line is the take up still so poor compared with html?

There *has* to be a serious debate about subject identity and resources
being distinct or this sort of debate will continue for another ten
years, all the while more and more people are lulled into a false sense
of security by the semweb bulldozer and try to build stable
infrastructure upon fatally flawed architectural design principles...

Remember: Tantalus also thought that going after low-hanging fruit was a
neat idea.