Re: studies about LD visibility

On 1/27/09 11:31 AM, Jun Zhao wrote:

> Olaf Hartig wrote:
>> On Thursday 22 January 2009 16:32:31 Tom Heath wrote:
>>> Hi Olaf,
>>>
>>> What's your overall goal? It might be that there's another way of
>>> answering your underlying question or achieving this goal than such a
>>> study (which if it doesn't exist may be costly in time and money to
>>> perform).
>>
>> I want to learn something about potential users of SQUIN and other
>> linked data applications from such a kind of report. I was wondering
>> whether I can even derive some requirements.
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Olaf
>>
> Hi Olaf,
>
> I am not sure whether you only want to know the reaction to LD by
> developers only. Our projects have been supporting the needs from
> users who have little or no techy background. They quite buy the idea
> of Semantic Web, for making it easier to mash up datasets, technically
> speaking. However, we are still looking for compelling cases to show
> that there are things that cannot be done without LD. And I would
> really want to know what the LD community feels about how far the LD
> technology is reaching outside the SW community.
>
> Looking forward to SQUIN:-)
>
> Jun

Jun,

Have you looked at:
1. http://esw.w3.org/topic/WebID - What, Why, and How of a Personal URI
(how you make your WebID the conduit disparate data of relevance with
in-built "Meshing" since "Mashups" should be antithetical to LD)

2. http://esw.w3.org/topic/foaf%2Bssl - addressing non-repudiatable
identity using LD and SPARQL within existing SSL framework

3. http://esw.w3.org/topic/Rdb2RdfXG/StateOfTheArt - data integration
across RDBMS, XML, and other Sources

President&  CEO