Re: studies about LD visibility

Olaf Hartig wrote:
> On Thursday 22 January 2009 16:32:31 Tom Heath wrote:
>
>> Hi Olaf,
>>
>> What's your overall goal? It might be that there's another way of
>> answering your underlying question or achieving this goal than such a
>> study (which if it doesn't exist may be costly in time and money to
>> perform).
>>

> I want to learn something about potential users of SQUIN and other linked data
> applications from such a kind of report. I was wondering whether I can even
> derive some requirements.
>
> Greetings,
> Olaf

Hi Olaf,

I am not sure whether you only want to know the reaction to LD by
developers only. Our projects have been supporting the needs from users
who have little or no techy background. They quite buy the idea of
Semantic Web, for making it easier to mash up datasets, technically
speaking. However, we are still looking for compelling cases to show
that there are things that cannot be done without LD. And I would really
want to know what the LD community feels about how far the LD technology
is reaching outside the SW community.

Looking forward to SQUIN:-)

Jun