Re: New LOD Cloud - Please send us links to missing data sources

On 28/2/09 21:49, Joshua Tauberer wrote:
> Not related to this thread, but this just in:
>
> The LOD cloud was just on a slide presented at
> http://transparencycamp.org for the future of http://www.recovery.gov,
> the website for tracking spending in the U.S.'s economic recovery
> package. Very thrilling to see it being taken seriously by the U.S.
> government.

This is great news! And since my last couple of threads here have been
grumbles about this or that detail, I just want to say congrats and
kudos to all those who've made this happen. I think the cloud diagrams
are proving a very compelling visual for people who don't care about
nerdy detail but understand the idea of interlinked datasets.

BTW I also showed some of the clouds during a panel talk in last week's
HURIDOCS conference on human rights documentation ("Human Rights Council
and the International Criminal Court: The New challenges for Human
Rights Communications"), http://www.huridocs.org/involved/conference/
... I'll post more on this after I blog the slides.

Also good to see this discussion over on the Sunlight Labs list,
http://groups.google.com/group/sunlightlabs/browse_thread/thread/e2931af260241ed6/94be63985b224d70?lnk=gst&q=rdf#94be63985b224d70

cheers,

Dan