Re: Commonly supported properties

 >I need to encode postal addresses and phone numbers for businesses (not
 >people) in some RDF I'm working on. Is there any particular existing
 >vocabulary that I should prefer over another for this application?

For representing a business, I would also recommend importing the
GoodRelations ontology from

http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1

and represent the legal entity as an instance of

http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#BusinessEntity

You can then attach the address and phone number etc. to that instance.

If you have branches or shop locations of the same legal entity, those
should be instances of

http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#LocationOfSalesOrServiceProvisioning

Also here, you can attach vCard attributes easily.

If you need an example, just drop a note. For more info, see
http://purl.org/goodrelations/

Best
Martin
martin hepp