Re: ANN: D2R Server and D2RQ V0.7 released

Christian Becker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we are happy to announce the release of D2R Server and D2RQ Version
> 0.7 and recommend all users to replace old installations with the new
> release.
>
> Version 0.7 provides:
>
> - Several bugfixes
> - Support for Microsoft SQL Server
> - Support for dynamic properties (by Jörg Henß)
> - Support for limits on property bridge level (by Matthias Quasthoff)
> - Better dump performance
> - New optimizations that must be enabled using D2R Server's --fast
> switch or using d2rq:useAllOptimizations
>
> More information about the tools is found on the
>
> 1. D2RQ Platform website: http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/d2rq/
> 2. D2R Server website: http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/d2r-server/
>
> The new releases can be downloaded from Sourceforge
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/d2rq-map/
>
> Lots of thanks for their magnificent work to:
>
> - Andreas Langegger and Herwig Leimer for continued improvements of
> the D2RQ engine
> - Richard Cyganiak for input on several design issues
> - Jörg Henß for adding support for dynamic properties (by Jörg Henß)
> - Matthias Quasthoff for adding limit support on property bridge level
> (d2rq:limit, d2rq:limitInverse, d2rq:orderAsc and d2rq:orderDesc)
> - Alistair Miles for patch for SQL cursor support
>
> Cheers,
>
> Christian

Chris,

Why isn't D2R JDBC and/or ODBC based, in a generic sense? Both APIs
provide enough Metadata oriented APIs for enabling a more RDBMS agnostic
variant of D2R.

As I am sure you can imagine, my hair stands (literally) whenever I
encounter RDBMS specific client apps. :-)

President & CEO