Re: [HELP] Can you please update information about your dataset?

Hi,

I've just added several new datasets to the Statistics page that
weren't previously listed. Its not really a great user experience
editing the wiki markup and manually adding up the figures.

So, thinking out loud, I'm wondering whether it might be more
appropriate to use a Google spreadsheet and one of their submission
forms for the purposes of collectively the data. A little manual
editing to remove duplicates might make managing this data a little
more easier. Especially as there are also pages that separately list
the available SPARQL endpoints and RDF dumps.

I'm sure we could create something much better using Void, etc but for
now, maybe using a slightly better tool would give us a little more
progress? It'd be a snip to dump out the Google Spreadsheet data
programmatically too, which'd be another improvement on the current
situation.

What does everyone else think?

Cheers,

L.

2009/8/7 Jun Zhao <jun.zhao@zoo.ox.ac.uk>:
> Dear all,
>
> We are planning to produce an updated data cloud diagram based on the
> dataset information on the esw wiki page:
> http://esw.w3.org/topic/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData/DataSets/Statistics
>
> If you have not published your dataset there yet and you would like your
> dataset to be included, can you please add your dataset there?
>
> If you have an entry there for your dataset already, can you please update
> information about your dataset on the wiki?
>
> If you cannot edit the wiki page any more because the recent update of esw
> wiki editing policy, you can send the information to me or Anja, who is
> cc'ed. We can update it for you.
>
> If you know your friends have dataset on the wiki, but are not on the
> mailing list, can you please kindly forward this email to them? We would
> like to get the data cloud as up-to-date as possible.
>
> For this release, we will use the above wiki page as the information
> gathering point. We do apologize if you have published information about
> your dataset on other web pages and this request would mean extra work for
> you.
>
> Many thanks for your contributions!
>
> Kindest regards,
>
> Jun