Re: "humane" query editors for the data web?

Luigi Selmi wrote:
> This post by Bob Du Charme based on a previous one by Dean Allemang
> maybe can help to answer the question:
> How you can explore a new set of linked data
> http://www.snee.com/bobdc.blog/2008/08/how-you-can-explore-a-new-set.html
>
> Looking at the work done at Freebase, that is simply great, I was
> wondering what if a big company, public or private, that manages a big
> quantity of data and wants to own a data space, a base in FB
> terminology maybe, to manage that data letting its knowledge workers
> build and change in a flexible way the data model and the UIs ? This
> would mean a real separation of concerns between programmers and
> knowledge workers. Will FB sell such bases ?
>
> Luigi
Luigi,

Think: "Data as a Service".

The LOD Cloud, Bubbles within the LOD Cloud, and eventually meshes with
the aforementioned by traditional media companies (BBC, Reuters, and
others are already doing this).

You can buy, make, rent, or simply bind to a corpus of linked data for
use in a myriad of ways as part of a broader open data access driven
attribution / recognition economy. Your initial base will be
progressively enhanced in service specific ways e.g. Travel industry
players will build bubbles with a vertical bent, ditto Financial, Music,
Movie, News, and others, respectively. Ironically, they've already tried
to do this, but the Web simply didn't have the structured data
granularity and requisite open access that Linked Data now accords.

Data is the new electricity, its conducted via URIs.  Revisit  ol' Ben
Franklin's lightening and kite experience :-)

Kingsley

> "A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Lao Tzu
> _______________________________
> Luigi Selmi, MSc
> addr.: 12 P.zza Roselle 00179 Rome, Italy
> skype: luigiselmi
> mobile: 3482405674
> web site: http://www.sharesemantics.com <http://www.sharesemantics.com/>
> blog: http://www.sharesemantics.com/people/weblog
> cv: http://www.linkedin.com/in/luigiselmi
>

> > Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:07:49 -0700
> > From: dfhuynh@alum.mit.edu
> > To: public-lod@w3.org
> > Subject: Re: "humane" query editors for the data web?
> >
> > Thanks for the link, Juan.
> >
> > Just curious, even if I know SPARQL, how do I (as a new user) know
> which
> > properties and types there are in the data? And what URIs to use for
> what?
> >
> > David
> >
> > Juan Sequeda wrote:
> > > You may want to check out a tool that we are working on: SQUIN
> > >
> > > http://squin.informatik.hu-berlin.de/SQUIN/
> > >
> > > Juan Sequeda, Ph.D Student
> > > Dept. of Computer Sciences
> > > The University of Texas at Austin
> > > www.juansequeda.com <http://www.juansequeda.com>
> > > www.semanticwebaustin.org <http://www.semanticwebaustin.org>
> > >

> > > On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 9:18 PM, David Huynh <dfhuynh@alum.mit.edu
> > > <mailto:dfhuynh@alum.mit.edu>> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Admittedly this is somewhat of a tease and shameless
> > > self-promotion :-) but I think there are a few interesting
> > > concepts in the query editor for Freebase that I've been working
> > > on that can be very useful for querying and consuming LOD data sets:
> > >
> > > http://www.freebase.com/app/queryeditor/about
> > >
> > > Or maybe I missed it totally--is there anything similar for
> > > writing SPARQL queries over LOD?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > David

> What can you do with the new Windows Live? Find out
> <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/default.aspx>

President & CEO