Re: linked data hosted somewhere

रविंदर ठाकुर (ravinder thakur) wrote:
> can we use this data on EC2 form environments outside EC2.

Of course.

EC2 is just a computing resource virtualization space in the clouds. It
give you a disposable networked computer in the clouds, in a nutshell.
> I thoguht we already have the LOD hosted somewhere with nice SPARQL
> etc endpoints avialable :) As an developer trying to make some useful
> apps on semantic web, i would like to concentrate on the apps logic
> rather than hosting the data and maintaing it. But it seems that we
> have the hosting problem here !!!
LOD is comprised of the following:

1. RDF Data Sets sitting somewhere in RDF archives
2. SPARQL endpoints in front of Quad or Triples stores populated with N
number of data sets from point 1
3. de-referencable URIs exposed by Data Spaces (which may or may not be
associated with public SPARQL endpoints) based on Linked Data Severs
publishing data sets from point 1.

> Anybody have suggestions/solutions to hosting the LOD data publically ?

Again, the entire LOD cloud will be published in many forms:

1. Federation of Linked Data Spaces (each space exposes one or more data
sets) exposing SPARQL endpoints and/or de-referencable URIs
2. Data Spaces containing the entire LOD data sets (warehouse style)
exposing SPARQL endpoints and/or de-referencable URIs

EC2 is but one option for pursuing either of the above i.e., join the
federation or make a major hub which ultimately offers a major junction
box to the federation. EC2 also allows you to build your LOD collective
for purposes specific to your needs e.g., a specific service that needs
predictable response times and availability.

If we take DBpedia as an example (since it's the main Linked Data Web
hub), you can either work with the public variant, or just constitute
your own via EC2. It simply depends on your specific needs, bottom-line :-)

On our part, we are committed to providing all of the LOD cloud via a
public sparql endpoint (as we do DBpedia today) in addition to giving
you the ability to build the entire space or relevant parts via EC2
AMIs. The first deliverable from this roadmap is DBpedia 3.2 which you
can build right now via EC2.

Kingsley Idehen       Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
President & CEO