Re: More ESWC 2008 Linked Data Playground

Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> David,
>> But should such links be on these pages, too?
> Absolutely, in line with the ideal best practice, you should have the
> following routes:
>
> 1. Request RDF via Content-type in your HTTP request
> 2. <link rel=-"alternate"..../>
> 3. GRDDL profile in <head/> plus <link rel="transformation".../>
> 4. eRDF or RDFa
>
> If 1-4 aren't available, Construct a URI that passes the pages through
> an RDFization Service (Babel, Virtuoso Sponger Service, Zitgist
> Services, Triplr, others).
> Kingsley
>>    http://www.eswc2008.org/main_program.html
>>    http://www.eswc2008.org/program.html
>> I did a View Source and couldn't find any alternate RDF/XML link. In
>> fact, I can't find any RDF/XML on that site. Maybe I wasn't looking
>> hard enough.
Then the official ESWC2008 site (eswc2008.org) is not following that
ideal best practice since it's missing 2, 3, and 4, and as a user with
just a standard-compliant browser there's little I can do to verify 1.
Is this diagnose correct? If so, will you please tell the eswc2008 site
admin to get with the program? :-)

We all love to see more open linked data, of course, so it'd be nice if
*SWC conference sites all lead as examples. In doing so, maybe we'll
discover the real motivations (or severe lack thereof) for publishing SW
content, and the challenges of publishing (e.g., tedious manual or
complex programmatic process to get lat/lng coordinates).

David