Re: More ESWC 2008 Linked Data Playground

David Huynh wrote:

> Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>>
>> Kingsley Idehen wrote:

>>> David,
>>>
>>> Here are some OpenLink RDF Browser views of your Exhibit generated
>>> "ESW 2008 :: Papers
>>> <http://people.csail.mit.edu/dfhuynh/projects/eswc2008/eswc2008-rdf.html>"
>>> Page, based on your <link rel="alternate"..../> tweak:
>>>
>>> 1. New Browser Edition View
>>> <http://demo.openlinksw.com/rdfbrowser2/?uri%5B%5D=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.csail.mit.edu%2Fdfhuynh%2Fprojects%2Feswc2008%2Feswc2008-rdf.html&>
>>>
>>> 2. Old Browser Edition View
>>> <http://demo.openlinksw.com/rdfbrowser/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.csail.mit.edu%2Fdfhuynh%2Fprojects%2Feswc2008%2Feswc2008-rdf.html>
>>>

>> David,
>>
>> Please give
>> <http://people.csail.mit.edu/dfhuynh/projects/graph-based-exhibit/graph-based-exhibit2.html>
>> the same <link rel="alternate"..../> treatment. It remains a valuable
>> linked data source.
>>
> Kingsley,
>
> Will do!
David,

> But should such links be on these pages, too?

Absolutely, in line with the ideal best practice, you should have the
following routes:

1. Request RDF via Content-type in your HTTP request
2. <link rel=-"alternate"..../>
3. GRDDL profile in <head/> plus <link rel="transformation".../>
4. eRDF or RDFa

If 1-4 aren't available, Construct a URI that passes the pages through
an RDFization Service (Babel, Virtuoso Sponger Service, Zitgist
Services, Triplr, others).

Kingsley

>    http://www.eswc2008.org/main_program.html
>    http://www.eswc2008.org/program.html
> I did a View Source and couldn't find any alternate RDF/XML link. In
> fact, I can't find any RDF/XML on that site. Maybe I wasn't looking
> hard enough.
>
> David

President & CEO