Re: [call for comments] voiD - vocabulary of interlinked datasets

Hello,

On Wednesday 11 June 2008 09:54:36 Hausenblas, Michael wrote:
> [...]
> The result of our impromptu kick-off meeting at the ESWC08 is literally
> voiD - the ' vocabulary of interlinked datasets'
> [...]

Interesting to me too. According to the Wiki a voiD description provides
information about the subjects of a dataset and statistics about a dataset.
Additionally, I suggest to provide provenance information such as: Who
published the dataset? How has the dataset been created? What was the
original source(s)? Who publishes/provides the original source(s)?

I know Richard's semantic sitemaps contain basic provenance information.
However, it is not the answer to all the questions mentioned above. So, do
you think additional provenance information is beyond the scope of voiD?

Bye,
Ole

Olaf Hartig
 DBIS-Team