Re: ANN: BBC Music Linked Data Goodness

Patrick,

Wow, this is impressive and I'm really excited to see all this RDF
coming out of bbc.co.uk. Great work!

I like your choice of URI design, with hash URIs instead of 303s.
Gives a nice and clean feel to the entire setup.

Nitpicks etc:

- At the content-negotiated URIs of form /music/artists/{id}, add a
Content-Location header that gives the URI of the selected variant
(e.g. /music/artists/{id}.html if HTML was selected)

- Maybe add <link rel="alternate"> headers to the HTML for the other,
non-RDF data formats as well (XML, JSON)

- Add a foaf:page link to the RDF that points back to the HTML (e.g.
to </music/artists/{id}.html>)

- I would love to see the play count data. And, actually, which song
was played how often, and in which programme! ;-)

- No RDF yet for releases and songs? :-(

- If I dereference the URI of a SoloMusicArtist who is a band member,
then the RDF doesn't contain a pointer back to the band. The HTML has
the pointer. Example: http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/6953c4db-7214-4724-a140-e87550bde420

- Is there any way to search for a specific artist, by name? In the
HTML interface? It might be useful to have some way to get back those
search results in RDF as well.

Good catch about the Vary header. I read in the HTTP spec that we're
supposed to use it whenever we do content negotiation, but most
examples I looked at didn't use it and seemed to work fine, so I never
gave it much thought. Now we know that breakage can occur if the
header is absent.

All the best,
Richard