Re: RDFa + RDF/XML Considered Harmful? (was RE: Ordnance Survey data as Linked Data)

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 17:42:33 +0100
To: "Richard Cyganiak" <richard@cyganiak.de>
Cc: "Tom Heath" <Tom.Heath@talis.com>, "Kingsley Idehen" <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, public-lod@w3.org, semantic-web@w3.org

Hi Richard,

> For these reasons I have always viewed RDF/XML as 'scaffolding' that
> holds triples which can be about *anything* you like...anything, that
> is, except itself. :)

Sorry...mis-typed, as Hillary might say.

Obviously RDF can talk about RDF. :)

What I mean (which is hopefully clear in the rest of the other email),
is that an RDF/XML document can't hold triples about itself, since an
RDF/XML document is 'scaffolding' that 'dissolves' the moment you
interpret it, leaving you only the triples.

Regards,

Mark

--
Mark Birbeck, webBackplane