Re: How do you deprecate URIs? Re: OWL-DL and linked data

Hugh Glaser wrote:
> Thanks guys, a really interesting and important discussion.
> However, after the last couple of postings I have the feeling I may agree
> with both of you.
> Is that possible?

Bijan et. al. are right about the semantics of owl:sameAs, but as I've
said before, I think that something weaker needs to be coined
("lod:equivalentTo") that states that two URIs refer to the same thing
but that any semantic entailments *may* not hold (i.e. user beware).
That's a dangerous thing, I agree, but it seems to be what the Linked
Data community needs and what's happening organically in the wild with
the (ab)use of owl:sameAs.