RE: LOD gathering at ESWC08?

Hugh,

Thanks! Great to see people from all areas joining in. I'd just like to
ask everyone to carry this invitation further. I recently had a
(private) query asking if 'non-LOD-people' are allowed to join. Well, I
guess (at least in my understanding) there is no internal or external,
so *everybody* is welcome. A little anecdote may highlight this: Some of
us proposed a LOD panel for the ESWC08, which was not accepted, mainly
due to the reason that this topic is so well received and welcome by
virtually everybody - there is little to dispute on the core. However, I
guess we can learn a lot from each other in terms of *how* the
principles are implemented (or interpreted). It is great to see more and
more people getting interested, involved and doing 'hands-on'. IMHO this
is the *real* start of the Web of Data (aka Semantic Web, or at least an
important part of it). So, again, please spread the word, let your
colleagues know about the LOD activity (and in special the LOD gathering
at Tenerife) to get started or extend living in the wonderful world of
linked *open* data ;)

Cheers,
	Michael

 Michael Hausenblas, MSc.