RE: Distinguishing between types of address (locn)

Hi Makx,

I know, Lawyers like to argue :) , but for XML repositories like ADMS[1] and StratML[2,3] the physical address is conceptual, I think.  By this I mean that all "physical address synonyms" are dereferenced to the name space located @loopback = 127.0.0.1.  The territories and coverage areas defined in that name space are another matter.

For StratML and Emergency Management, we (Russ Ruggiero and I) turned the chore of keeping track of territorial coverage to OASIS Common Alert Protocol (CAP 1.1 or 1.2).  We reuse the "area" element.  The reason is that US Government Warnings and Alerts as well as Weather Warnings or Alerts are in CAP format.  These feeds provide a ready source of detail for geophysical data, which in turn requires hardware resources beyond the reach of us normal folk and in the US these services are in the Public Domain[4] + free of charge.  Examples CAP "area" are here[5,6,7].

The "AlertPlace" module has an XSD schema.  This schema can be integrated easily into any of the StratML formats including (ISO 17469), ANSI/AIIM 22:2011, and the ISO configuration of  ANSI/AIIM 22:2011 still in the ISO process.

Here is an example Server Root (close your eyes and dream of Open Linked Data @localhost)
http://www.rustprivacy.org/2015/stratml/value-added

[1] https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/adms/description
[2] http://www.stratml.us
[3] http://stratmlworld.com/
[4] Commercial opportunities are a political expedient.  Sorry.  Thanks to Pope Francis for keeping the politicians busy this morning so they do not have to hear this.
[5] http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/cap/v1.2/CAP-v1.2-os.html
[6] http://www.fema.gov/common-alerting-protocol
[7] http://alerts.weather.gov/