RE: space and time

>    - OWL Time is a draft, unfinished, and criticized for a number of use cases. There has been an attempts 18 months ago from Ivan Herman and others to clean it up and publish it as a more stable /ns W3C vocab. But nothing really happened, everyone is busy.

I presume that if/when the W3C Time ontology is re-considered, that there will be a proper call for community input.

The current version (derived from DAML) is scoped such that it would be hard to generalize for archeological and geologic time.
While they may be minority interests, they are authentic and have a rich history and theory associated.
In particular, W3C Time appears to be limited to temporal geometry (no temporal-topology classes), and time position is limited to year/month/day/hours/minutes/seconds, which clearly limits it to the present and relatively recent past.

Simon Cox