--Gannon

 Hi all,

 First - thank for the link
 Raphael - that did make me smile. The problems mixing work
 and social circles together ;)

 Anyway, here is my concrete example starter:

 If you look at the OS linked
 data for 'Southampton':

 http://data.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/id/7000000000037256

 you will noticed that it is
 related to a 'Geometry' via the predicate
 'extent' and it also has predicates geo:lat,
 geo:long and 'easting'/'northing'. geo:lat,
 geo:long and 'easting'/'northing' provide
 information about a 'representative point' for
 Southampton (centroid is a bit overloaded I think). This
 'representative point' is just a point guaranteed to
 lie within Southampton. I think it is useful (in this case)
 to provide both the 'representative point' and the
 polygon for area Southampton covers. So something like:

 os:7000000000037256
   a locn:Location;

 locn:representativePoint os:1234;

 locn:extent os:2458;
   os:1234 a
 sf:Point;
   os:2468 a sf:Polygon;

 or
 if you prefer:

 os:7000000000037256
 locn:Location;
   locn:representativePoint
 os:1234;
   locn:extent os:2458;
   os:1234 a neogeo:Point;

 os:2468 a neogeo:Polygon;

 Maybe then (in Manchester OWL
 syntax(ish)):

 locn:representativePoint rdfs:range (neogeo:Point OR
 sf:Point or geo:Point)
  locn:extent
 rdfs:range (neogeo:Polygon or sf:Polygon)

 (not saying
 representativePoint or extent are best choices for predicate
 names at this stage).

 John

 Dr John Goodwin
 Principal
 Scientist
 Research, Ordnance Survey
 Adanac Drive, SOUTHAMPTON, United Kingdom, SO16
 0AS
 Phone: +44 (0) 23 8005 5761
 www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk | john.goodwin@ordnancesurvey.co.uk

 Please consider your environmental
 responsibility before printing this email.

 -----Original
 Message-----