Re: Sub-properties for locn:geometry?

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 22:30:36 +0100
To: John Goodwin <John.Goodwin@ordnancesurvey.co.uk>, Andrea Perego <andrea.perego@jrc.ec.europa.eu>, Frans Knibbe | Geodan <frans.knibbe@geodan.nl>
Hi John,

> Anyway, here is my concrete example starter:

Thanks, this is a great starter (and crystal clear) example!

> If you look at the OS linked data for 'Southampton':
> http://data.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/id/7000000000037256
>
> you will noticed that it is related to a 'Geometry' via the predicate
> 'extent' and it also has predicates geo:lat, geo:long and
> 'easting'/'northing'.

* Your 'locn:representativePoint' predicate would be the equivalent of
the 'ex:aCentroid' of Frans?
* I'm not sure I understand the difference between your proposed
'locn:extent' predicate and the existing 'locn:geometry' predicate,
except the later is loosely defined. Is the same thing?
* What about the MBR? Is just another 'extent' (polygon) or should it
have a specific type because we want to say something about it?

   RaphaŽl

--
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Campus SophiaTech