Re: Trying to use locn:locatorDesignator

Hello all,

Yes, I think what  I am looking for is not a way of expressing the
semantics of the different parts of the designator, but just a way to
present those parts as an ordered sequence. The semantics could be
supplied by other vocabularies, if there is such a need. An INSPIRE
vocabulary could be used for international interoperability, and a
national vocabulary could be used next to that, for national usage.

What about using rdf:List to publish an ordered list of parts of a
locn:locatorDesignator?

I think it would be nice if there is a way to publish both the entire
designator (e.g. "11B") and its parts (e.g. "11" and "B"). That way, a
consumer can pick whatever is best for an application. But I think that
means that there is a need for an additional property, like
locn:locatorDesignatorValue from Stasinos's example.

Another observation: the term 'locator' is used in the locn vocabulary,
but it is not defined there. I think we need to address that issue. What
exactly is a locator?

Regards,
Frans

--