Re: Trying to use locn:locatorDesignator

Frans, Bart,

Actually, in INSPIRE, the use of code list values to denote the type of
"locator designator" is foreseen only in feature type "Address", and not in
data type "Address Representation", which is the one used as a basis for
class locn:Address, where you can just have a set of ordered
locatorDesignator's.

So, using feature type "Address", your example might be expressed in RDF
like this:

<http://location.data.ex/so/ad/Address/12345>
  a ad:Address ;
  ad:locator [
    a ad:AddressLocator ;
    ad:designator [
      a ad:LocatorDesignator ;
      ad:designator "11B"^^xsd:string ;
      dct:type <
http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/LocatorDesignatorTypeValue/addressIdentifierGeneral

    ] ;
    ad:designator [
      a ad:LocatorDesignator ;
      ad:designator "11"^^xsd:string ;
      dct:type <
http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/LocatorDesignatorTypeValue/addressNumber

    ] ;
    ad:designator [
      a ad:LocatorDesignator ;
      ad:designator "B"^^xsd:string ;
      dct:type <
http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/LocatorDesignatorTypeValue/addressNumberExtension

    ] ;
    ad:level <
http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/LocatorLevelValue/siteLevel>
  ] .

In the lines above, the ad: prefix denotes a fictitious RDF vocabulary for
INSPIRE "addresses" (see the corresponding UML diagram at [1]). Besides the
fact that such voc does not (yet) exist, I'm afraid this is far more
complex than needed for your use case. Note that, to avoid further
complexity, in the lines above there's nothing about the "order" foreseen
in INSPIRE for the "locator designator", as done by Stasinos in his example.

I wonder whether what you need is just a way to order the different parts
of a locator designator, or rather to express the semantics of such
components.

In the latter case, a possible solution is to define sub-properties of
locn:locatorDesignator, e.g., corresponding to (some of) the values in code
list  LocatorDesignatorTypeValue [2]. An alternative is to use the code
list to denote the locator designator type - e.g., partially re-using
Stasinos's example:

<http://location.data.ex/so/ad/AddressRepresentation/54321>
  a locn:Address ;
  locn:locatorDesignator "11B"^^xsd:string ;
  locn:locatorDesignator [
    locn:locatorDesignatorValue "11"^^xsd:string ;
    dct:type <
http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/LocatorDesignatorTypeValue/addressNumber

  ] ;
  locn:locatorDesignator [
    locn:locatorDesignatorValue "B"^^xsd:string ;
    dct:type <
http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/LocatorDesignatorTypeValue/addressNumberExtension

  ] .

WDYT?

Andrea

----
[1]
http://inspire-twg.jrc.ec.europa.eu/data-model/approved/r937/EARoot/EA2/EA3/EA1/EA7262.html
[2]http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/LocatorDesignatorTypeValue

--
Andrea Perego, Ph.D.
European Commission DG JRC

DE+RD Unit: http://ies.jrc.ec.europa.eu/DE

----
The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may
not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official
position of the European Commission.