RE: Disjointedness of FRBR classes

IMO, "FRBR" purists are shooting themselves in the foot by denying the reality of "Group 1 Entity". That's why I'm attracted to http://schema.org/CreativeWork and/or http://purl.org/dc/terms/BibliographicResource as useful alternatives. I suspect that the former has the inside track because the URI actually resolves to something human-friendly, (among other reasons).

Likewise, I think that "FRBR" does our patrons (and thus us) a disservice by rejecting the vital and intuitive notions of http://schema.org/Book and http://schema.org/Movie as 1st class objects. Books, Movies, and the promotion of modern "digital" manifestations/items to 1st class objects makes me appreciate http://purl.org/spar/fabio as an efficient RDF vocabulary for the library domain. Unfortunately, http://purl.org/spar/fabio/ doesn't roll off the tongue like http://schema.org/.

OTOH, "FRBR" and Schema.org seem to be equally blame-worthy in the sense that both are namespace-centric and single-type-at-a-time oriented. I suspect this is just a passing phase for Schema.org, though.

Jeff