RE: xsd or vocabulary

Adrian,

The last time anyone dealt with OCLC Number interoperability was back
when OpenURL was being specified. They used URIs of this form:

info:oclcnum/12345

These "info" URIs are defined by this "namespace":

info:oclcnum/

I think Dublin Core has a way to wire these up, but I'm not quite sure
how.

There are a host of other legacy identifiers that have also been
upgraded to URI status using "info" URIs:

http://info-uri.info/registry/OAIHandler?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix
=oai_dc

This was back before httpRange-14 clarified the possibility of using
http URIs to identify things other than Web resources. We all we hope
these legacy identifiers will be upgraded to Linked Data someday.

I'm not suggesting you worry about interoperability with OpenURL, but
these URIs are theoretically suitable for use in Linked Data. In
general, it's impossible to guess what the owner of the namespace will
decide regarding rdf:type, though. LC decided some of theirs are
owl:sameAs their skos:Concepts, which seems sensible in that case:

http://id.loc.gov/authorities/sh85148273.rdf

Jeff