Re: Fwd: Re: Question about MARCXML to Models transformation

In message <4D777F37.1080007@gmail.com>, Diane I. Hillmann
<metadata.maven@gmail.com> writes
> I think it's important to note here that providing ways for catalogers
>to do this kind of disambiguation is only one way (and perhaps not the
>most efficient).  Many of these are easier and more effective as
>post-processing activities.

Absolutely: in fact my Culture Grid investigations concern how we can
"add value" to an existing metadata resource, itself derived from
primary LAM source data.

Come to that, once Open Library and/or LoC/BL have published all these
descriptions as Linked Data, will we need cataloguers anyway?  After ISO
2709, here comes the shared catalogue entry at the far end of a
dereferenceable URL ...  [Just joking, of course]

Richard