Re: Question about MARCXML to Models transformation

One thing I want to clear up, I'm not disputing creating resources without
all of the information available up front.  What I am asking is, how much is
needed to accurately create an Expression?

If what we have is a record type (BKS) and language of publication (en), is
this enough information to accurately create an Expression and start
associating Manifestations to it?  I'll table for the moment my questions
about whether or not this is useful, focusing instead what exactly is needed
to create an (accurate) Expression from legacy MARC and what else we might
expect to commonly see in a typical MARC record to help draw upon.

The LC FRBR Display Tool (
http://www.loc.gov/marc/marc-functional-analysis/tool.html#table) only
mentions record type and publication language, but surely this isn't enough,
right?  This: http://lccn.loc.gov/74194328 isn't describing the same
expression as this: http://lccn.loc.gov/97813632, correct?

-Ross.