Library Data and the Semantic Web at ALA Annual

Lots of LLD events at ALA! :) Thanks to Corey for a great list of these! If anything's missed, please add inline & redistribute... -Jodi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Corey A Harper <corey.harper@nyu.edu>
Date: Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: [LOD-LAM] Fwd: Library Data and the Semantic Web at ALA Annual
To: lod-lam@googlegroups.com, lita-lld@ala.org

Jodi, et al.,

I don't know of any formal listing, but I've cobbled together the
following list for my conference time. Alas, I have conflicts opposite
some of these (and a few of them conflict with one another). Not sure
if this is comprehensive, but I think it represents a pretty good
snapshot of Linked Data and SemWeb at ALA2011. Clearly Linked Data is
a pretty major topic at ALA next week.

Best,
-Corey

*** LLD & SemWeb @ ALA in New Orleans ***

Fri, 6/24, 10:30-12: FRBR Interest Group (presentations from Gordon
Dunsire and Rich Greene)
http://connect.ala.org/node/142320

Fri, 6/24, 4-5:30: PCC Participants Meeting (presentation from Eric Miller)
http://connect.ala.org/node/138048

Fri, 6/24, 3:30-5:30: CCS Forum - Turning Catalogers into Semantic Web
Engineers, or, Out of the Catalog Drawer and onto the Internet Highway
http://connect.ala.org/node/136967

Sat 6/25, 8-10am: Linked In: Library Data and the Semantic Web
http://connect.ala.org/node/137561

Sat 6/25, 10:30-12: On Beyond Zebra -- Taking RDA Beyond MARC
http://connect.ala.org/node/138029

Sat 6/25, 2:30-3:00pm: Rebecca Guenther presenting on id.loc.gov @ LC
Booth (#2856):
https://listserv.nd.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1106&L=CODE4LIB&T=0&O=D&P=108971

Sun 6/26, 10:30-12: Linked Library Data Interest Group
http://connect.ala.org/node/138309

Sun 6/26, 1:30-5:30: Authority Control Interest Group Meeting -
Authority Control in the Next Generation (presentations from Gordon
Dunsire and Karen Coyle):
http://connect.ala.org/node/137439

--
Corey A Harper