Re: ANN: Sudoc bibliographic ans authority data

On 7 July 2011 23:17, Yann NICOLAS <nicolas@abes.fr> wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> Sudoc [1], the French academic union catalogue maintained by ABES [2], has
> just been released as linked open data.
>
> 10 million bibliographic records are now available as RDF/XML.
>
> Examples for the Sudoc record whose internal id is 132133520 :
> . Resource URI : http://www.sudoc.fr/132133520/id
> . Generic document : http://www.sudoc.fr/132133520 (content negotiation is
> supported)
> . RDF/XML page : http://www.sudoc.fr/132133520.rdf
> . HTML pages with schema.org microdata [3] for search engines :
> http://www.sudoc.fr/132133520.html . The users are not supposed to visit
> these microdata pages : they are redirected to the standard UI :
> http://www.sudoc.abes.fr/xslt/DB=2.1/SRCH?IKT=12&TRM=132133520
>
> Sudoc RDF data are linked to http://lexvo.org and http://dewey.info/ .
>
> They are also linked to IdRef [4], ie the Sudoc authority file that ABES
> considers as a separate and open application.
> 2 million IdRef records are also available as RDF data (since October 2010).
> The links between Sudoc and IdRef are bidirectional.
> For example, http://www.sudoc.fr/110404416/id ( Rethinking symbolism by Dan
> Sperber ) links to D. Sperber's IdRef URI: http://www.idref.fr/027146030/id
> .
> But, in the other direction, http://www.idref.fr/027146030/id links to *all*
> the Sudoc documents that are linked to this authority.
>
> In next months, we hope to add more links to our data, to OCLC and BnF
> resources among others.
>
> More info (in French) here : http://punktokomo.abes.fr/

Congratulations, this is fantastic nes. And I think also a very timely
test-case for how community-maintained and consortium-based standards
(schema.org) can be deployed alongside each other.

Could you say a little more about the subject classification aspects
of this data? I don't know a lot about French cataloguing.  In the
sample URIs you give above, I find only Rameau. You mention also
Dewey.info, so I guess there's Dewey in there. And Rameau also has
some mappings to LCSH. Are there other schemes? e.g. I'm interested in
particular to find instance data for UDC and for Library of Congress
Classification (LCC), but also anything else that has a SKOS
expression.

Thanks for any more info,

cheers,

Dan

ps. some Gremlin examples follow (see
http://danbri.org/words/2011/05/10/675 ) ... it uses the Linked Data
Sail to pull in pages on demand from the Web, as you explore into the
graph.

g = new LinkedDataSailGraph(new MemoryStoreSailGraph())
i1 = g.v('http://www.sudoc.fr/132133520/id')

gremlin> i1.out('dcterms:subject').out('skos:inScheme')
==>v[http://stitch.cs.vu.nl/vocabularies/rameau/autorites_matieres]
==>v[http://stitch.cs.vu.nl/vocabularies/rameau/autorites_matieres]
==>v[http://stitch.cs.vu.nl/vocabularies/rameau/autorites_matieres]
==>v[http://stitch.cs.vu.nl/vocabularies/rameau/autorites_matieres]
gremlin> i1.out('dcterms:subject').out('skos:prefLabel')
==>v["T?l?communications"@fr]
==>v["Th?ses et ?crits acad?miques"@fr]
==>v["Nouvelles technologies de l'information et de la communication"@fr]
==>v["Internet"@fr]
==>v[""]

gremlin> i2=g.v('http://www.sudoc.fr/110404416/id')
gremlin>  i2.out('dcterms:subject').out('skos:inScheme')
==>v[http://stitch.cs.vu.nl/vocabularies/rameau/autorites_matieres]
==>v[http://stitch.cs.vu.nl/vocabularies/rameau/autorites_matieres]
gremlin>
gremlin> i2.out('dcterms:subject').out('skos:prefLabel')
==>v["Signes et symboles"@fr]
==>v["Anthropologie"@fr]