RE: VIAF contributor model

Antoine,

Thanks for the feedback. It is altering my thinking about "the aggregate
model". Now I'm "pretty convinced" that
http://viaf.org/ontology/1.1/#Heading should go away in favor of
straight use of skosxl:Label. What was I thinking?

The real issue I'm trying to work around is the
http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/#S14 integrity constraint on
skos/xl:prefLabel, In "the contributor model" this constraint shouldn't
be a problem. In the aggregate model, though, contributed prefLabels
collide and VIAF isn't (currently?) prepared to pick a winner for each
language tag. It would be a shame to dumb them all down to
skosxl:altLabel. In VIAF 1.1, we coined
http://viaf.org/ontology/1.1/#hasEstablishedForm and
http://viaf.org/ontology/1.1/#hasXrefAlternate to sidestep the S14
constraint. How would people feel about us upgrading these properties
like so:

viaf:hasEstablishedForm a owl:ObjectProperty ;
	rdfs:subClassOf skosxl:altLabel ;
	rdfs:domain skos:Concept ;
	rdfs:range skosxl:Label .

viaf:hasXrefAlternate a owl:ObjectProperty ;
	rdfs:subClassOf skosxl:altLabel ;
	rdfs:domain skos:Concept ;
	rdfs:range skosxl:Label .

Contributed skos:Concepts could then be associated with a common set of
skosxl:Labels using skosxl:prefLabel/altLabel. If and when VIAF picks
language tag winners, these properties could be deprecated.

Jeff