Re: VIAF contributor model

Correct.

Jodi Schneider <jodi.schneider@deri.org> wrote:

Jeff,

On 29 Oct 2010, at 04:36, Young,Jeff (OR) wrote:

 Karen,

 I assume you're talking about URI hash fragments here. I'm not using
 "#skos:Concept" for persons, I'm using "#skos:Concept" for skos:Concepts
 and "#foaf:Person" for foaf:Persons. These are two separate entities.

So I gather you mean: Use
http://viaf.org/viaf/102333412/#skos:Concept
<http://viaf.org/viaf/102333412/#skos:Concept> when you're referring to the skos:Concept of Jane Austen
and
http://viaf.org/viaf/102333412/#foaf:Person
when you're referring to the foaf:Person Jane Austen

-Jodi

 Even though I identified these separately in VIAF early on, the
 need/purpose of doing so was unclear to me until Martin showed me the
 foaf:focus property last weekend. What it means is that SELIBR, DNB, and
 other VIAF contributors can disagree on the identity of the skos:Concept
 (including preferred and alternate labels) while still agreeing (via
 VIAF algorithms and owl:sameAs) on the identity of "the thing".

 (I wish I had gotten my bachelor's degree in the engineering college
 rather than the business college. What is the term we alchemists should
 use when we mean "axiom"?)

 Jeff