Re: documenting library linked data sets

As promised, I've created the template and migrated the only entry
that was on there:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Library_data_in_Semantic_Web_formats

I don't argue with Ed's suggestion/recommendation (in fact, I put a
plug in the wiki page/template recommending putting any data sets
supplied on the wiki page in CKAN) and I had considered recommending
it myself.

My concern would be that I personally think people would have
reservations about putting up packages for data sets that they are
aware of, want to make others aware of, begin discussion around, but
have no association with.

For example, I didn't hesitate putting the data sets I manage on CKAN,
but I would feel less comfortable putting somebody else's data set on
there for a variety of reasons that I'm not sure I can really
articulate.

The wiki page would duplicate a lot of data on CKAN, though, which
definitely calls into question its purpose.  That said, there's no
reason they need to be mutually exclusive, I think we just need to be
sure what the purpose of each actually is.

In my head, I kind of view CKAN as the authoritative source whereas
the wiki page might be more of an incubator (with established data
sets included, as well, for a more comprehensive picture) or put the
data sets into some context (in use, with how they could be used with
each other, perceived value, etc.), but, honestly I could go either
way on this.

If the group thinks that people would actually add these sets to CKAN
(and we have a clear way to isolate the packages we would be including
on this wiki page), then I say we just use CKAN.

-Ross.