RE: VIAF contributor model

Jeff

Here's my attempt at an FRAD representation:

@prefix : <viaf/102333412/#> .
@prefix rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> .
@prefix frad: <http://iflastandards.info/ns/fr/frad/> .
@prefix frbrer: <http://iflastandards.info/ns/fr/frbr/frbrer> .

:Austen,+Jane,+1775-1817 a frad:ControlledAccessPoint;
  frad:isCreatedBy <http/SELIBR>;
  frad:hasBaseAccessPoint _:Austen,+Jane;
  frad:hasAddition "1775-1817";
  frad:hasDesignatedUsageOfControlledAccessPoint "Preferred";
  frad:hasParallelLanguageForm :Osten,+Dzjejn,+1775-1817 .

_:Austen,+Jane a frad:NameOfAPerson;
  frad:hasNameString "Austen, Jane" ;
  frad:isAppellationOf _:frbrer:Person:Austen,+Jane ;
  frad:hasTypeOfName "Personal name" [1] ;
  frad:hasDatesOfUsage "1775-1817" [2] ;
  frad:hasAlternativeLinguisticFormPerson _:Osten,+Dzjejn .

:Osten,+Dzjejn,+1775-1817 a frad:ControlledAccessPoint [3];
  frad:isCreatedBy <http/SELIBR>;
  frad:hasBaseAccessPoint "Osten, Dzjejn";
  frad:hasAddition "1775-1817";
  frad:hasDesignatedUsageOfControlledAccessPoint "Alternate".

_:Osten,+Dzjejn a frad:NameOfAPerson;
  frad:hasNameString "Osten, Dzjejn";
  frad:hasTypeOfName "Personal name" [1];
  frad:hasDatesOfUsage "1775-1817" [2] ;
  frad:hasAlternativeLinguisticFormPerson _:Austen,+Jane [4] .

_:frbrer:Person:Austen,+Jane a frbrer:Person ;
  frbrer:hasNameOfPerson _:Austen,+Jane [5] ;
  frbrer:hasNameOfPerson _:Osten,+Dzjejn [5] ;
  frbrer:hasDatesOfPerson "1775-1817" [6].

Notes:

[1] Cannot be inferred from: _:Austen,+Jane  a frad:NameOfAPerson. The category
may have a different semantic from frbrer:Person.
[2] Assuming life-span dates are in scope.
[3] Can be inferred from: _:Austen,+Jane frad:hasAlternativeLinguisticFormPerson
_:Osten,+Dzjejn .
[4] Can be inferred from: _:Austen,+Jane frad:hasAlternativeLinguisticFormPerson
_:Osten,+Dzjejn .
[5] Can be inferred (in consolidated FR model) from: _:Austen,+Jane
frad:isAppellationOf _:frbrer:Person:Austen,+Jane ;
[6] A specific instance of frad:Rules would govern the relationship between the
values for frad:hasDatesOfUsage and frbrer:hasDatesOfPerson, and whether either
is to be used as the value of frad:hasAddition.

Note also that the frsad namespace is irrelevant to this example, and that the
FRAD model preceded the FRSAD model.

Cheers

Gordon