BL investigating linked data for catalogue?

Not sure if this is news or not, but I hadn't picked up on it before

http://www.bl.uk/bibliographic/datafree.html

At the moment they seem to have concrete plans to offer Bibliographic data as RDF/DC (everything literals by the look of it), under CC-NC-SA 3.0, but they also note they are "investigating options for structuring its catalogue information as linked data and is collaborating with a number of organisations in examining the issues associated with making bibliographic metadata available in this way." (I wonder if this is a reference to current JISC projects such as LOCAH - http://blogs.ukoln.ac.uk/locah/ and the Open Bibliography Project - http://code.google.com/p/jiscexpo/wiki/jiscopenbib ?)

Owen

Owen Stephens
Owen Stephens Consulting
Web: http://www.ostephens.com