Re: CBOR-LD musings

Hi Gregg,
I've implemented CBOR-LD in Java in a configurable way. DB's
implementation compatibility configuration included.

The algorithm is quite wild trying to squeeze out most of the JSON-LD
syntactic sugar, and deliver minimal compressed output. I guess the main
motivation at the beginning was to get a small footprint that can be
encoded as QR code.

Basically the algorithm tries to compress terms, types, and values. See
here CRBOR-LD DB Configuration
<https://github.com/filip26/iridium-cbor-ld/blob/main/src/main/java/com/apicatalog/cborld/db/DbConfig.java>
.

I would be happy to share my experience with you - btw. The current
proposed algorithm can be even improved.

The only thing I'm not sure about is to make it part of the JSON-LD
algorithms. It's quite a complex implementation that could be generalized
to use different algorithms, different strategies.

Best,
Filip