Re: Validating json-ld

Hell James

SHACL is definitely a viable option and comes up often on Hydra Community Group (RDF-based REST API descriptions). SHACL has been proposed multiple times as the format to describe the expected bodies of HTTP requests to such a Hydra-powered service.

It has also been used to build user interfaces by TopBraid.

Be aware though that SHACL will not be the same as validating JSON schemas. JSON-LD can have different tree structure to represent the exact same data. SHACL abstract that away and is meant to verify the actual graph structure, not the actual JSON, well, shape. Thus, it can also be used with any RDF data.

Best,
Tom