Re: Implicit and conditional statements

HI Jakob,
  Something that came up at the F2F in Santa Clara last week was the idea
of more effectively using both JSON Schema and JSON-LD in the same
document.  In particular the Thing Description is a JSON-LD document that
uses JSON Schema in some specific areas.  Exactly how that should all work
is something I'm looking into and will be discussing with Gregg Kellogg and
presumably others on the linked data mailing lists.

  One option that was raised was making JSON Schema a vocabulary available
for reference through JSON-LD.  I'm also trying to sort out how JSON Schema
validation works with JSON-LD's declaration of @type and with shape
validation.  There seemed to be some agreement that all of these things
were useful in different ways, but (at least in my head) the boundaries are
still a little fuzzy.  Gregg's given me some stuff to think about and
research so hopefully I can have some concrete examples for feedback soon.

  In the meantime, I'm glad you've found a more clear way to get this use
case addressed :-)

thanks,
-henry

--